Coronavirus or COVID-19 continues to spread. La Crosse County Health Department is asking residents to P.R.E.P. but not panic.
Novel coronavirus, also known as COVID-19, continues to spread worldwide. Although there are not yet cases in La Crosse County, the Health Department is encouraging all members of our community to be ready. You can join this effort by remembering one simple word: P.R.E.P.
P is for PROTECT Yourself with Healthy Habits
- Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for 20 - 30 seconds.
- Cover your mouth and nose when sneezing or coughing.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth. Avoid others who may be sick.
- Stay home from work if you are sick. If your children are sick, keep them home from school or daycare.
- If you have traveled recently to Europe (including Italy, Iran, China, South Korea, Japan, New York, California, Washington or taken a cruise, contact us here: https://tinyurl.com/t2u9y9e
- Call your health care provider if you have any questions about your health.
R is for READY Your Household
Prepare your family. Put together two weeks worth of food, pet supplies, and medication (prescriptions and over-the-counter) for every member of your household. Think about foods that don't spoil quickly, and about getting your prescription drugs refilled. For help, check out ready.gov. We also recommend not attending gatherings of 250 people or more.
E is for EDUCATE Yourself with Reliable Sources
The COVID-19 situation is rapidly changing. It is important to get your information from trustworthy sources. We recommend:
National info: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/
Wisconsin info: https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/disease/covid-19.htm
Local info: https://lacrossecounty.org/covid19
P is for PREPARING Not Panicking
Please do NOT buy medical supplies like masks and gloves. This prevents medical providers from being safe while providing important medical care. We recommend PREPARING, but not panicking. Questions? Contact Us: 785-9872 or email@example.com
Preparing Your Workplace for Coronavirus
Anti-Stigma Fact Sheet
PREP infographic for COVID-19
COVID-19 Returning Travel Flyer
Hand Sanitizer Poster
How to Cope with Stress from COVID 19