Scenic Mississippi Regional Transit
Serving Southwest Wisconsin, RideSMRT is a Commuter Bus System for Crawford, Vernon, Monroe and La Crosse Counties, running weekdays, Monday - Friday. Our buses are handicapped accessible. Call toll free: (877) 444-6543.
Area businesses, local units of government, and the Wisconsin Department of Transportation are contributing to provide inexpensive public bus transportation for Southwest Wisconsin citizens.
The focus of this regional bus transit service is for commuters, elderly and disabled residents, the general public and potential tourism related travel. Each time you board the bus you pay only $3.00 (cash) one way no matter how far you ride. The drivers will not be making change, so please have correct payment ready.
Holiday Schedule: The SMRT bus does NOT run on the following holidays: New Years Day, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas Day.
If you have any questions about the routes, please call toll free: 877-444-6543.
SMRT will operate routes with buses running Monday - Friday.
- Red, Yellow, Green 1, and Green 3 Route buses are handicapped accessible with bike carriers
- $3.00 per one way trip. The drivers will not be making change, so please have correct payment ready.
- Depending on the size of the communities served, there would be one to six stops.
- Schedules are subject to change. It is your responsibility to check for updated schedules.
Discount Punch Cards
- $30.00 Value Punch Cards for $25.00
- $60.00 Value Punch Cards for $50.00
- New Monthly Passes Valued at $80.00
- Punch cards are Non-Refundable
To receive SMRT Bus Route updates, text ridesmrt to 662-200-4303.
Attention: The transportation of pets or other animals is not permitted on the SMRT bus.
Exception: Service animals for legally impaired individuals.
Title VI Notice
SMRT Route Deviation Policy 2020